CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall Centerpiece

Eeeeeh! I LOVE Fall. Like, really, really, really, really love fall. Did I mention I love fall? What’s not to love? I grew up watching the leaves turn all shades then falling on the ground and crunching under my feet as I would walk to and from school. I would help my Dad rake the leaves on our lawn and make pathways to drive my electric toy jeep through.



Okay, no leaves in the pic, but you get the idea. :)
I love eating chili and warm soups. Baking pumpkin bread, pumpkin cupcakes and anything else pumpkin related. I love taking my kids to local farms and looking at pumpkin patches and petting animals. I love the crisp cool air (as cool as it can get here in Phoenix).
Aside from all that wonderfulness I just mentioned there are two more things I absolutely love about fall:
1.)    HALLOWEEN
I have a slight obsession with Halloween. It’s SO FUN! The candy! The costumes! The scary movies! I met my hubby on Halloween and my first baby was due on Halloween. Not just a coincidence. ;)

2.)   IMPENDING CHRISTMAS
I heart Christmas. So much. Slightly more than Halloween.  I think one of the reasons I may love the fall so much is because of the anticipation of Christmas right around the corner.  So…I’m not a summer girl, can ya tell?

Anyhoo…I couldn’t help myself. I was at Hobby Lobby last Friday and I got inspired.  I bought a few things and used some that I had and made this centerpiece for my kitchen table:





Isn’t it perty??? I love the sparkly pumpkins and sparkly acorns-who am I kidding I just love sparkle! The green gourds add just the right amount of green and who doesn’t love a good red apple?
I LOVE this candle holder.  I change out the candles and décor in it from season to season. For example I have beautiful sparkly fruit I put in it at Christmas time. I’m looking for beautiful white candles to put with the sparkly fruit but haven’t found just the right ones yet.  This piece of décor is also low enough that we can still see each other’s faces when sitting at the table-I don’t even have to move it!

Other than that I put one small fall décor on my front door. I couldn’t help myself, I just couldn’t! Way too excited even though it was only September 9th. But hey, last year I had ALL my fall décor out September 1st. But that’s because I was due to have a baby and wanted to be sure it got put out or I would have not survived the fall season. Okay a little dramatic. It just makes me so happy to see pumpkins, acorns and gourds-oh my!
What’s your favorite piece of fall décor?

2 comments:

Melanie

so pretty! I love it! And I agree wholeheartedly about FALL!

Stacia

Oh my goodness Anna! Trevor looks just like you in that picture! so crazy!

Post a Comment